Isn't Dr. Boehler "just a dentist"? Why is she doing my Botox?

Why your dentist is the perfect person to do your facial esthetics procedures.
Dr. Boehler is "just a dentist".  Why should I have her do my Botox?

Happy Smiles to all of my "Youth Fairy" squad members!

I am often asked why I have been taking hours and hours of additional advanced training in facial esthetics (Botox, Dermal Fillers, P.D.O. Threads, etc.) over the last four years when I am "just a dentist". Actually, a dentist is one of the best professionals to administer esthetics procedures. Here are a few reasons why:

DENTISTS HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE FOUNDATION OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE HEAD, FACE AND NECK ANATOMY.



Being a D.M.D. (which is the abbreviation for the Latin "Dentariae Medicinae Doctor" which translates to "Doctor of Dental Medicine" or "Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry") my education for the first two years of dental school was heavily based in human anatomy and physiology. In addition, an even larger focus was placed on the head and neck region. Believe me when I say that we learn every muscle, bone, nerve, artery, vein, bony bump, and all the other things in between of the face, head and neck. We learn them backwards and forwards and all functions and physiology associated with them. Even though we become experts at crowns, fillings and extractions, the human body isn't just teeth alone. Everything is interconnected. As a dentist, I am not simply treating a patient's mouth, but also how the teeth, jaw, gums and tongue will affect the patient's lips, face structure, ability to eat, properly digest, pronounce words correctly, and allow my patients to give understandable facial expressions. This very inclusive training in the head, neck and face region gives a dentist a extensive foundation to be experts at facial esthetic procedures.

DENTISTS ARE MAESTROS AT GIVING COMFORTABLE FACIAL INJECTIONS



Dentists are one of the few types of physicians that are giving facial injections all day, every day. In addition, we have local anesthesia at our disposal. This is definitely an advantage for our patients as many other types of esthetic injection providers are not trained or even licensed to give anesthesia.

DENTISTS HAVE HAPPY GAS/NITROUS OXIDE!!!!!!



Need I say more.


DENTISTS CAN UTILIZE ESTHETIC PRODUCTS FOR MORE THAN COSMETIC PURPOSES



I employ neuromodulators such as Botox, Xeomin and Newtox almost on a daily basis to treat TMJ/TMD issues, as well as headaches, head and neck trigger point therapy (Muscle knots and tension) and reducing a "gummy smile". I can apply dermal fillers such as Juvederm to eliminate dark spaces and gaps in between teeth and restore gum height under a bridge, for example.

DENTISTS ARE GREAT AT KEEPING SECRETS



No one has to know that you had any esthetics work done. You can always just say "I have a dentist appointment." I have specifically designed my new Dental Studio with a private DentiSpa Suite just for this purpose. No one has to know that refreshed, more youthful look you're sporting after your dental visit is the result of anything more than simply a good night's sleep.

Much like a dazzling painting is not ready to be hung on the wall until it is surrounded by an exquisite frame, so too with a dazzling white smile. A refreshed, youthful, radiant face becomes the exquisite frame showcasing a healthy, vibrant you! A dentist can utilize all of her skills to deliver a comfortable, comprehensive, glowing final result.

Call my office and schedule your Facial Esthetics Consultation to learn more about what treatments may be perfect for you!

Sending sunshine filled smiles to all of my "Youth Fairy" squad!

Dr. Angela Boehler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the news about what's new at Simply Smiles, P.A and Dr. Angela

Don't Miss Out! Dental Insurance and FSA/HSA Benefits may be lost soon!

Dr. Boehler answers your questions about periodontal disease